ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the district's philosophy, goals, and objectives as outlined in the North Carolina Standard Course of Study.
- Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans that provide for effective teaching strategies and maximize time on task.
- Plans and implements a program of study designed to meet the individual needs of students.
- Encourages student enthusiasm for the learning process and the development of good study habits.
- Provides progress and other reports as required.
- Prepares a Substitute Teacher Folder containing appropriate information as required by the Principal.
- Plans and prescribes purposeful assignments for teacher assistants, tutors, and volunteers as needed.
- Recognizes learning problems and makes referrals as appropriate.
- Demonstrates a strong grasp of the subject matter.
- Uses effective oral and written expression.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to constantly monitor the safety and well-being of students, particularly when the student is participating in an inclusive activity.
- Ability to motivate students and to maintain order and discipline in a classroom.
- Ability to maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Ability to perform general clerical duties, including operating common office machines and maintaining basic files and records.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
- Ability to use a wide variety of technology in the classroom.
- Ability to create and follow rigorous lesson plans that correlate with the North Carolina Standard Course of Study.