Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, social and spiritual growth. The desired candidate will design health and PE lessons according to the diocesan curriculum and ODE standards.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
- Prepare lesson plans that engage, stimulate and instruct students.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflects accommodation for individual needs of students assigned.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Remain flexible, innovative and adaptive to change.
- Use technologies in the teaching/learning process.
- Be proficient in using technology as an instructional and management tool.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
- Valid Ohio teaching certificate.
- Expertise in the field of health and physical education.
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
- Proficient in using technology as an instructional and management tool.
- Strong communications, public relations, collaboration and interpersonal skills.