The Upper Darby School District is seeking applicants certified in Health & Physical Education for a full-time vacancy at Drexel Hill Middle School.
- PA Instructional Certificate in Health & Physical Education
Out-of-state educators and anyone seeking an emergency certificate should review the guidelines set by the PA Department of Education. Pennsylvania Certification information is available at: https://www.education.pa.gov/Educators/Certification/Pages/default.aspx.
- BA required in appropriate major study, masters preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of content in certification area.
- Classroom/group management skills.
- Ability to use instructional materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of child growth and development.
- Provide performing opportunities for students.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Maintain good classroom organization, management and discipline.
- Conduct an ongoing assessment of student progress in order to provide instruction to ensure continuous student growth.
- Provide the Upper Darby School District Music Program for each student in conjunction with the goals of the Strategic Plan.
- Demonstrate appropriate planning, the use of a variety of instructional techniques and strategies, and the incorporation of technology where possible to supplement instruction.