Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
Qualifications / Experience:
- ISBE PEL with Physical Education Grades 5-8 endorsement, required.
- ISBE PEL with Health Grades 5-8 endorsement, required.
- Additional endorsements, preferred.
- Previous experience teaching junior high level students.
- Guides the learning process toward achievement of district approved curriculum goals and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects; to communicate these objectives to students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media.
We are an equal opportunity employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.