This position provides students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth; enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates current, accurate, and comprehensive knowledge of topics covered in the curriculum and the state Standards of Learning and prepares students to master grade level standards.
- Plans instruction which includes appropriate curriculum objectives, learning activities, and lesson plans for students and substitutes. Instructs assigned classes in the locations and times designated.
- Uses current school and division data to plan both daily and long-range instructional decisions.
- Selects and creates comprehensive materials and technological resources to meet students’ abilities and needs.
- Prepares for classes as assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Links present content/skills with past and future learning experiences while actively engaging all students.
- Bachelor’s degree with appropriate certification for teaching assignment from an accredited college or university.
- Possess or be eligible for a teacher license from the Virginia Department of Education.
- Act under the direction and advice of the building administrators within the guidelines of school division policy and Virginia Department of Education regulations.
- Knowledge of VDOE and WJCC curriculum and techniques for integrating curriculum.
- Ability to infuse technology into the curriculum.
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office, school based staff, students, parents and community.