- Valid Arizona Teaching or Arizona Substitute Teaching Certificate + Fundamentals of Coaching Certification.
- Have completed each of the following criteria from the National Federation of State High School Associations Level 1 Certification: Fundamentals of Coaching, First Aid, CPR, and Sport specific course or teaching sport skills if sport is not offered.
- All certifications shall be on file or recorded in the office of the principal or his/her designee.
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint card.
- Proof of Immunization against Rubeola* & Rubella Measles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and develop the sport program within the Administrative and A.I.A. guidelines.
- Ability to encourage the highest standards of conduct and scholastic achievement among all athletes.
- Exemplify the highest moral character, behavior and leadership.
- Administer practice sessions and games, and to monitor athletes in locker rooms.
- Provide a handbook or handout describing the program (schedules, discipline rules, cut procedures, etc.)
- Provide proper care, maintenance, and security supplies, equipment, and facilities.
- Maintain game, season and award records of the program.
- Maintain team discipline.
- Able to teach quality progression of skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.