The assistant coach in each sport assigned is directly responsible to the head coach of that sport. He/she should have a working knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Re-5J Board of Education and the athletic standards of Roosevelt High School. He/she should also be familiar with the rules and regulations of the League and the Colorado High School Activities Association.
- Encourage the student body and spectators to be courteous and polite to the visiting team.
- Always display good sportsmanship, winning or losing.
- Maintain poise and control at all times, especially at the contests.
- Teach the team to play fairly and within the rules.
- Be a good host to the visiting team and their coaches.
- Recommend discipline to the head coach for players who disregard good sportsmanship either on the field/floor or on the bench.
- Respect the officials’ judgement and interpretation of the rules. If an appeal is necessary, follow appropriate procedures.
- Coach the team and not officiate the game.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIIES:
- Assist the head coach in carrying out his/her responsibilities.
- Assist the head coach is the issuance of equipment, registration of the players, and providing accurate information needed to compile eligibility lists and other reports.
- Assume responsibility for care of equipment and facilities.
- Assume control over athletes and teams assigned to him/her and assist in helping supervise all athletes in the program.
- Be in regular attendance at practice, contests, and meetings.
- Discipline, when necessary, in firm and positive manner.
- Provide the head coach with information needed in making reports and/or other releases.