The position of "Assistant Cross Country Coach - Middle and High School" is done for the purpose of using leadership, supervisory and administrative skills for assisting in the overall direction, coordination, and coaching of the assigned sport for the development of each student.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be familiar, and comply, with all school, district, league, and, where appropriate, OSAA rules.
- Assist the head coach in the coordination of all practices.
- Analyze, demonstrate and explain basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of the sport to the participants, and where appropriate, to the parents.
- Enforce the program policies, and recommend policy changes to the appropriate administrator.
- Communicates effectively with parents within the program, and with other staff members.
- Knows, models and enforces appropriate policies, rules, and regulations concerning sportsmanship.
- Maintains a commitment to ongoing growth of self and others.
- When appropriate, works with others for the promotion of fund-raising and grant applications for the program.
- Maintains equipment and supplies inventory and holds staff and students responsible for those supplies and equipment.
- Experience Required: Prior job related experience in appropriate sport/activity and/or coaching.
- Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required: Skills to work with coaches and students. Knowledge of district policies and procedures regarding co-curricular activities. Abilities to follow oral and written instructions, work independently with minimal supervision, perform a variety of tasks, adjust to flexible assignments (some night work), and communicate with students, staff and parents.
- Education Required: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: Valid Driver’s License and evidence of insurability, Criminal Justice Fingerprinting Clearance, Current First Aid Card, and Bloodborne Pathogen Training. High school coaching positions require ASEP (American Sport Education Program) Certification.