The HS Assistant Coach is responsible for working with the head coach in the development of each student-athlete in his or her charge and working with students, parents, other teachers and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow policies established by the Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors, Adams 12 School District, and High School Athletic League.
- Work directly with the Head Coach and Athletic Director.
- Work closely with the head coach to develop and build a competitive sports program.
- Organize parents, coaches, and players for pre-season meetings.
- Supervise practices, games, and team trips.
- Instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Be responsible for all equipment and uniform issuance, collection, and storage.
- Maintain public relations with media, Booster Club, and volunteers.
- Assist with procedures for keeping parents and athletes informed.
- Assist with the enforcement of the PRA athletic department policy to address issues or concerns with parents and players.
Education and Related Work Experience:
- Appropriate level Coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of the assigned sport and willingness to continue to learn and examine new ideas pertinent to the assigned sport or coaching in general.
- Commitment to implementation of Character Education and Positive Behavior System.
- Provide instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, strong work ethic, responsibility, teamwork, sportsmanship, self-discipline, leadership, and self-confidence.