- Valid Illinois State Teaching, Substitute, and/or ASEP Certification.
- Knowledge of the sport Football.
- Previous coaching experience at the high school level.
- Establishes the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques to be taught by staff.
- Trains and informs staff, encourages professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to local clinic policy.
- Provides written rules of coach's expectations for student participation in sports.
- Completes pre-season planning well in advance of starting date. Files a written report to the Athletic Director before the season begins.
- Conducts well-organized practice sessions.
- Develops a well-organized game plan.
- Is innovative, new techniques, ideas, etc., along with established procedures for coaching.
- Shows respect (verbal, physical, psychological) for all athletes, parents and colleagues.
- Instills in athletes a competitive spirit for individual and team growth and a desire for intellectual growth and development.