Provides guidance on physical training, fundamental rules, regulations and skills and uses different strategies to ensure individual and team success.
- Monitors supervision of team and student athletes after school hours.
- Supervises home and away athletic events as scheduled by Athletic Director.
- Works with the Athletic Director to develop schedules for athletic events including practice schedules.
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional growth.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates regular attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to the appropriate code of ethics.
- Performs other duties consistent with the position assigned as may be requested by the Principal or Athletic Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Knowledge of Virginia High School League policies, procedures and regulations; and
- Other such qualifications that the school board might accept in lieu of any of the above.
- Be recommended by the division superintendent and appointed by the school board.