Carry out the objectives of the sports program as outlined by the head coach. Instruct athletes in team and individual fundamentals, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize individual and team success.
- Holds a current Illinois teaching certificate and/or is certified by the IHSA or other sports certification as required.
- Preferably a certified teacher.
- An appropriate level of knowledge of the sport for high school coaching.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is recommended.
- All coaches must submit to a fingerprint criminal records check.
- Obtain CPR/AED Certification and complete assigned District and IHSA trainings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the implementation of the program as outlined by the head coach. Is loyal and supportive of the District and the program at all times.
- Has thorough knowledge of all District and State athletic policies/procedures and is responsible for the implementation of these policies.
- Attend all practices and required meetings.
- Assist the head coach in the issuing, fitting, and monitoring the condition of the equipment used in the sport coached.
- Assist in the collection of all equipment. Proper and safe storage of all program inventory is required.
- Assist in off-season program except in the case where an in-district coaching conflict occurs or prior agreement with head coach.
- Report violations to head coach and athletic director.
- Understand and follow the proper administrative line of command.
- Attend staff meetings for the purpose of planning, organizing and evaluating.