- Pupil's Activity Permit from The Ohio Department of Education.
- Previous coaching experience in sport assigned is desired.
- Has knowledge and background in the assigned sport.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all student and parent requests or grievances through proper channels. Is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Maintains discipline and works to increase moral and cooperation within the school sports' program.
- Assists in necessary preparation to hold the scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
- Assists the Head Coach in the collection of medical cards and eligibility information for the OHSAA.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is a member of the team.
- By his/her presence at all practices, games and while traveling, provides assistance and guidance to and safeguards for each participant.