The BHS Girls Soccer Assistant Coach supports the BHS Girls Soccer Head Coach to develop and maintain a high-quality girls soccer program that promotes excellence, discipline, and sportsmanship. The coach assists each participating student in achieving a higher level of skill, an enhanced appreciation for the values of teamwork, and an increased level of confidence.
- Certifications: CHSAA Coaching Registration and certification; CPR/First Aid/AED certification; Concussion in Sports NFHS Certification; all other required courses/certifications per BSD/CHSAA.
- Maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Submit fingerprints for a criminal background check.
- Completed and submitted BSD on-line application.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an active and effective girls soccer program that promotes good sportsmanship and student development through participation in practices, activities, and competitions.
- Develop practice schedule and organize practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Assess strengths and decide soccer levels.
- Supervise athletes during practices, activities, and competitions to determine needs for individual and team improvement.
- Participate in special activities to include games, pep assemblies, banquets, and award nights.
- Assist in the process of cleaning, repairing, inventorying, storing, and replacing all equipment.
- Implement, communicate, manage, and enforce the BHS Athletic Agreement and Girls Soccer Agreement for every student-athlete.
- Follow established procedures in the event of injury.
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication by conducting parent meetings and holding conferences.