The assistant coach in each sport assigned is directly responsible to the head coach of that sport. He/she should have a working knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Re-5J Board of Education and the athletic standards of Roosevelt High School. He/she should also be familiar with the rules and regulations of the League and the Colorado High School Activities Association.
- Teaching assignment at Roosevelt High School. If not staff, must have successfully completed certified coaching class and be certified by CHSAA.
- Successful experience in his/her chosen coaching area.
- Successful background check.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as may be found appropriate and acceptable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIIES:
- Assist the head coach in carrying out his/her responsibilities.
- Assist the head coach is the issuance of equipment, registration of the players, and providing accurate information needed to compile eligibility lists and other reports.
- Assume responsibility for care of equipment and facilities.
- Assume control over athletes and teams assigned to him/her and assist in helping supervise all athletes in the program.
- Be in regular attendance at practice, contests, and meetings.
- Discipline, when necessary, in firm and positive manner.
- Provide the head coach with information needed in making reports and/or other releases.
- Emphasize safety and be aware of the best training and injury.