PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate skill development, program philosophy, and equipment management.
- Assist head coach with the coordination of schedules for practice and competitions.
- Collect participant information, including attendance and statistical records.
- Provide assistance to the head coach by providing monitoring and assistance to students during practice and competition.
- Assist head coach in instruction of tactical and technical skills of field hockey.
- Assist head coach with maintaining equipment and uniforms for the season.
- Communicate daily with athletic trainer concerning player injuries.
- Develop lesson and practice plans; provide extra learning and off-season playing opportunities.
- Assist JV players with decision making.
- Attend meetings for rule interpretation.
- Ability to reach above and below the waist.
- Ability to use fingers to pick, feel and grasp objects.
- Some crouching, crawling, stooping, kneeling, bending, and twisting of the body required.
- Ability to lift and/or carry supplies and/or papers weighing no more than 20 lbs.
- Ability to mostly walk throughout the work environment with some standing or sitting.