- Master's Degree from an accredited institution with emphasis in supervision, administration, curriculum, or related field, or be enrolled in a program leading to certification as a school administrator not later than six months after beginning employment as required by Michigan Department of Education.
- Three years of successful administrative experience at the secondary level or equivalent administrative experience is preferred.
- Five years of successful teaching and/or counseling experience at the secondary level is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate sound reasoning, thinking, and collaboration skills; knowledge of or experience with TregoED problem-solving processes or the willingness to learn.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and coordinate all activities of the Department of Athletics under the supervision of the building principal.
- Serve as advisor to the principal on athletic matters.
- Approve all athletic contests before they are contracted.
- Prepare the athletic budget and present it for adoption.
- Administer the athletic budget under the supervision of the building principal.
- Evaluate instructional and non-instructional staff and make appropriate recommendations. Provide assistance to teachers in planning, classroom management, student evaluation and the delivery of the instructional process.
- Assist in creating a positive school climate that is conducive to teaching and learning.
- Secure bids and purchase equipment for all sports.