The primary purpose of this Assistant Track and Field Coach position is to provide leadership to the HRVHS Track and Field program, coaching duties as well as assisting in duties and responsibilities assigned by head coach.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the direction and supervision of organized practices sessions during the regulated track season; to include seasonal goals and objectives.
- Work cooperatively with parents, other coaches, staff, district administration, and support programs.
- Assists the Head Coach and Athletic Director in maintaining the care for athletic facilities and aid in preparation of the facilities for athletic competition.
- Assists Head Coach and Athletic Director in purchasing equipment, supplies and uniforms for the particular sport.
- Assists Head Coach and Athletic Director in event scheduling when needed.
- Assist in the responsibility to conduct pre-season meeting with all athletes and parents, outlining schedules, student athletic contracts, and Student Athletic Handbook.
- Works to improve skills and knowledge of each athlete and the team as a whole.
- Previous track and field coaching experience preferred, including youth or high school level.
- Knowledge and experience in the sport track and field events.
- Ability to teach skills and fundamentals.
- Ability to collaborate with youth programs, students, parents, the community, staff, and other HRVHS coaches.
- Ability to coach in collaboration with the other coaching staff.
- Ability to motivate students.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, serving as a role model both on and off the field, focuses on solving conflict, maintaining confidentiality, listening to others, keeping emotions under control, remaining open to other ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit.