Directly responsible to the head coach of a sport. The assistant coach will be expected to exhibit total loyalty to the program, the head coach, and the other assistants at all times. The assistant coach will be required to carry out all assignments given to him by the head coach.
- Organize and direct coaching staff.
- Collecting physical examination forms.
- Collecting insurance release forms.
- Reporting injuries to school nurse.
- Taking inventory and submitting a list of equipment needs.
- Checking out and collecting all equipment.
- Keeping accurate records and reports of lost or stolen equipment.
- Certified teacher or must qualify for Rule 10 approval through the Kansas State High School Activities Association.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.