Provide for overall leadership and coordination of the program that provides students enriched learning. The student shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of positive values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline, self-confidence, and life-long learning experiences. Instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Holds a current Illinois teaching certificate and/or is certified by the IHSA or other sports certification as required.
- Preferably a certified teacher.
- An appropriate level of knowledge of the sport for high school coaching.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is recommended.
- All coaches must submit to a fingerprint criminal records check.
- Obtain CPR/AED Certification and complete assigned District and IHSA trainings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct a meeting with parents and players to discuss learning objectives, philosophy on acceptable player behavior, practice procedures, substance abuse policy, and other guidelines that relate to the program.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all District and State athletic policies and be responsible for their implementation and report all rule violations to the school AD.
- Understand and follow the proper administrative line of command.
- Conduct oneself as a positive role model including professional dress appropriate for practice and games.
- Consult with the athletic director and principal, or his designee, in matters of purchasing equipment, scheduling, and coaching assignments.
- Turn in team rosters as directed to the athletic director by the designated timeline.
- Assess player’s skills and assign team positions.