Kettle Falls School District is currently recruiting for a High School Assistant Boys Wrestling Coach for the 2023-24 Wrestling season. This is a part-time, seasonal position beginning November 2023 and lasting approximately 8-10 weeks. The daily work schedule will vary slightly according to team practice and competition schedules, but will generally be focused on a 3-6pm time slot, Monday-Friday. The matches are scheduled on most Saturdays.
- Observe players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Assists in determining game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic standard.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the athletic performance of their student.
- Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the athletic program.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
- Maintains eligibility forms, emergency data cards, insurance records, equipment inventory, and other related records.
- Successful candidates must be available for all practices and competitions during the coaching season.
- Experience coaching wrestling at some level is preferred, but not required.
- Additionally, candidates must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check and must possess or obtain prior to the start of their season current First Aid and CPR certification.