The Coach teaches fundamental and advanced athletic skills and works with athletes to prepare them for competition. The Coach is an expert on the rules, strategies, and techniques required for the sport and is responsible for the coordination and recruitment of student participants among other duties.
- High School diploma/equivalent required..
- Bachelor's degree in education (if interested in teaching in addition to coaching).
- Current CPR Certification (online CPR not accepted).
- Previous coaching experience of at least 2 years.
- Complete online coaching classes to get certification to coach in Nevada for the NIAA.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement.
- Plan and schedule a regular program of practice in season.
- Work closely with the athletic director in scheduling interscholastic contests.
- Recommend purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms, as appropriate.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted.
- Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition.
- Organizes and supervises a total sports program.
- Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.