To provide instruction and coach students to develop the skill and ability to excel in the sport assigned and be responsible for contributing to the educational program as a whole and to the growth of each student.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist in athletic policy/guidelines development and revisions.
- Assist coaches in the implementation of athletic policies and guidelines.
- Communicate and demonstrate effective and safe coaching techniques and strategies to coaching staff.
- Assist in the selection and procurement of athletic equipment.
- Participate in and facilitate appropriate staff meetings and staff development trainings.
- Demonstrate skill in conflict resolution with administrators, parents, teachers, students and community leaders.
- Support and supervise all athletic programs by attending games, practices, and other events for each sport.
- Needs to be able to move constantly move about to perform coaching duties.
- Frequently communicates with other employees or public. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Regularly works in outdoor weather conditions.
- May be exposed to high or low outside temperatures.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Frequent moving of athletic equipment.
- May require lifting up to 50 pounds assisted.