- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate required.
- Master’s Degree required, preferably in sports or Educational Administration.
- Previous experience as a coach required, preferably at the varsity level.
- Knowledge of the overall operation of the athletic program required.
- At least 5 years of teaching experience required, preferably at the secondary level.
- Must be eligible to obtain Certified Athletic Administrators Certificate.
- Demonstrated competence with budget management required.
- Recruit/select coaches and make employment recommendations to the building principal and Human Resources.
- Evaluate all coaches.
- Work with coaches to improve instruction and program/team development.
- Organize practice schedules, contest schedules, officials, game workers, contest officials, security and non-school group use of athletic facilities.
- Manage and direct all home contests.
- Provide all necessary contest equipment.
- Supervise all athletic staff.
- Govern the use of athletic facilities.