Under the direction of the high school and middle school principals, assist with the overall operation of the district’s athletic programs.
- Valid Professional Educator License (PEL) (preferred);
- Master’s Degree in Educational Administration (Type 75) (preferred);
- Ability to work with diverse populations;
- Possesses a valid Illinois driver’s license;
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Administer and manage the athletic program in a manner that is within Board policy and consistent with established district procedures, IHSA, and IESA rules and regulations.
- Keep the high school administration informed of important accomplishments, needs and problems in all areas of the operation of the athletic activities.
- Coordinate and assist in the recruiting, interviewing, screening and recommending of qualified persons to fill openings on the middle school and high school athletics coaching staff.
- Submit personnel recommendations to the district concerning appointment, retention, promotion, and evaluation and assignment of middle and high school coaching staff.
- Evaluate head coaches annually at the high school level.
- Contract officials, athletic trainer, police, and ambulance services as required, assumes general responsibility for the proper supervision of home games.
- Fosters good school-community relations.