The "Assistant Principal/Athletics Director - High School" supports the Principal's and other assigned personnel's job responsibilities; receiving, distributing and communicating information to enforce school, district, and state policies; maintaining safety of school environment; coordinating assigned school activities; assisting students to modify inappropriate behavior and develop successful interpersonal skills; and communicating information to staff, the principal and the public.
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitates communication between personnel, students and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts.
- Facilitates various meetings for the purpose of coordinating agendas and ensuring that outcomes achieve school, district and/or state objectives.
- Intervenes in occurrences of inappropriate behavior of students and/or parents for the purpose of assisting students in modifying inappropriate behavior, developing successful interpersonal skills and/or initiating disciplinary action.
- Manages various school administrative functions for the purpose of enforcing school, district and state policy and maintaining safety and efficiency of school operations.
- Oversees school wide assignments (i.e. activities, building maintenance, etc. for the purpose of maintaining the smooth operation of the school.
- Supervises assigned instructional personnel for the purpose of monitoring and evaluating performance, providing for professional growth and achieving overall objectives of school's curriculum.
- Experience Required: Prior experience as an athletic director at a large comprehensive high school.
- Skills to appropriately manage personnel and programs, communicate effectively, problem-solve.
- Knowledge of curriculum, education code, district policies.
- Ability to provide direction to others and make independent judgments, keep and maintain accurate records, meet deadlines, communicate with individuals of varied cultural and educational background, communicate in oral and written form.