The Athletic Director will be responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and supervising all athletics events involving the assigned school(s).
- Incumbents must have successful experience in working with culturally diverse families and communities, and/or have otherwise demonstrated a commitment to equity and strengthening engagement of a diverse community and skill in communicating with a diverse population.
- Possess or ability to obtain Oregon administrative license.
- Five (5) years of successful teaching experience.
- Successful coaching experience in an educational environment with a student-centered education philosophy.
- High level of knowledge and skill in sport safety to assure prevention and protection of students.
- Strong understanding of “client-centered” support and the ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success in ability to plan, implement, and monitor policies and procedures in areas of assigned responsibility.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively, exercise independent judgment and creativity, organize work, manage, prioritize and complete multiple complex projects with tight deadlines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scheduling all school athletic events within the restrictions of the school calendar and the length of each sports season and post-season schedule. Coordinating with parent groups and with transportation to assure proper scheduling of buses and supervision of trips. Coordinating with District and school and District staff to assure proper scheduling of athletic venues and to avoid conflicts in scheduling.
- Applying a clear understanding of state rules pertaining to athletics in the performance of athletic director duties. Having a clear understanding of the District athletic philosophy and an understanding of the structure of the sports calendar. Maintaining and updating standard operating procedures (SOP) for each school sport.
- Attending athletic conference meetings and providing appropriate conference information and rules implementations as determined by OSAA and athletic conference.
- Creating school athletic schedules in a timely fashion for distribution to administrators and administrative assistants well before the start of the sports season. Creating a school activity calendar prior to the end of each school year for use in the preceding school year.