The Assistant Principal/Athletic Director position provides assistance in the supervision of the following areas: curriculum, instruction, building operations, student/staff management. Additionally, the Assistant Principal/Athletic Director within the school will manage and coordinate interscholastic athletic programs for within the assigned school at Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools.
- Maintain and coordinate data driven focus on student academic and social and emotional learning through continuous improvement of instruction as evidenced by student achievement or growth.
- Building and sustaining relationships with all stakeholders (building principal, students, parents, building staff, and district personnel).
- Assist the building principal with facilitating communication between staff, students and/or parents when evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts while managing a positive, orderly, and safe building climate.
- Support the building principal in managing the fiscal, operational, and technological resources of the building that focuses on effective instruction and the achievement of all students.
- Participate in the selection, development, engagement, and retention of high qualified staff.
- Complete and discuss classified and teacher performance on a regular basis meeting the expectations of the performance appraisal process and timelines outlined by KCKPS board policy and Kansas Statutes.
- Master’s Degree and currently hold or be eligible for a Kansas Certification, Building Administrator.
- A minimum of five years of successful experience as a middle school/high school teacher.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods of effective instruction. Willingness to collaborate as an integral part of a collaborative team.
- Prior technology proficiency for systems used in education.
- Ability to work effectively with students and parents from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to plan, organize and complete activities and/or programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This includes maintaining and keeping the athletic webpage and social media updated and current.
- The ability to work effectively with teachers to help them improve their performance in the classroom.