The Athletics Director is responsible for partnering with internal and external stakeholders to create the strategic vision for athletics programming and its operations so that scholars access the joy associated with being a scholar athlete. This role will maintain our high school's developmental and competitive athletic programming, athletic branding, creating conditioning programs, and inter-connected athletic opportunities.
- Responsible for the overall strategic vision for athletics programming and operations for KIPP Atlanta Collegiate in alignment with KIPP ATL strategic goals and priorities.
- Oversees the entire high school athletic programs and its branding, operations, and development.
- Creates athletic program pipeline.
- Serves as the primary bridge between the athletics program and the other extracurricular and programmatic areas for the high school.
- Reinforces One Promise culture and the mission and vision of the region through school athletics.
- Design appropriate league partnerships and participation.
- Identifying and designing year-round athletic programming.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree; graduate degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience coaching preferably in Atlanta.
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with students, families, college coaches, staff, board members, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage the ambiguity and multiple priorities inherent in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Relentless results-orientation.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Outlook.
- Committed to the mission of preparing educationally underserved children for excellent high schools and colleges.