The Primary purpose of this position is to perform leadership to assigned athletic program, coaching duties as well as assigning duties and responsibilities to assistant coaches.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
- Skills possessed will exemplify a moral character that is consistent with being a positive role model for high school students.
- Knowledge of the sport at the high school level. Develop system of play that can be effectively communicated with assistants to implement grades 6-8. Know how to communicate effectively with athletes and parents.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others. To organize and manage students time effectively. To use problem solving strategies consistently. Adjusts to performing practices in a variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directs and supervises organized practices sessions during the regulated season; to include seasonal goals and objectives.
- Work cooperatively with parents, other coaches, staff, and support programs.
- Assists the Athletic Director in maintaining the care for athletic facilities and aid in preparation of the facilities for athletic competition.
- Assists Athletic Director in purchasing equipment, supplies and uniforms for the particular sport.
- Assists Athletic Director in game scheduling.
- Responsible to conduct pre-season meeting with all athletes and parents, outlining schedules, student athletic contracts, and Student Athletic Handbook.
- Works to improve skills and knowledge of each athlete and the team as a whole.
- Organizes team members according to competitive levels.