- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is desired.
- Has knowledge and background in the assigned sport.
- The assistant coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/her instructions and actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To demonstrate the character traits of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship.
- Give constant attention to a student athlete’s grades and conduct.
- Be present at all practices, games and while traveling.
- Provide assistance, guidance and safeguards for each participant.
- Provide training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant.
- Understand the policies concerning injuries, medical attention and emergencies.
- Direct student managers, student assistants and statisticians.