The VCA Athletics Department is seeking an experienced and passionate Head HS Boys JV Soccer Coach who is excited to share our mission of academic excellence and empowering scholars to live inspired and purposeful lives. This individual will lead one of our High School JV Soccer Team.
- Follow and enforce Valor’s athletic policies and regulations outlined in the Athletic Handbook.
- Plan, organize, advertise, and conduct tryouts for the program.
- Create a safe environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Work directly with Athletic Director to ensure the success and safety of the program
- Communicate and work directly with Athletic Trainer on injuries and rehabilitation.
- Ability to model, live, and reinforce the school’s core values and mission on and off the field of play with colleagues, scholar-athletes, parents, and the larger community.
- Attend coaches professional development and meetings scheduled by the athletic department.
- Evaluate athlete’s skill, to develop and facilitate effective practices and game strategies.
- Timely and effectively communicate with the athletic director, parents, and players via Bloomz and email.
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the rules and fundamentals of the sport.
- Previous experience with a TSSAA or state athletic sanctioned school preferred.
- Flexibility with personal schedule to accommodate the needs of the athletic program.
- A proven track record of high achievement in your sport.
- Grit and perseverance to work within a fast-paced, start-up environment.