- Pupil's Activity Permit from The Ohio Department of Education.
- Previous coaching experience in sport assigned is desired.
- Has knowledge and background in the assigned sport.
- Maintains discipline and works to increase moral and cooperation within the school sports' program.
- Assists in necessary preparation to hold the scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
- Oversees in the collection of medical cards and eligibility information for the OHSAA.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is a member of the team.
- By his/her presence at all practices, games and while traveling, provides assistance and guidance to and safeguards for each participant.
- Directs student managers and statisticians on the respective teams.
- Completes paperwork on all disabling athletic injuries on proper forms and submits to the athletic office within 24 hours.
- Determines discipline, delineates procedures concerning due process when the enforcement of discipline is necessary.
- Oversees the issuing, collection, storing, reconditioning and inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Recommends budgetary items for next year in his/her area of the program.
- Monitors equipment rooms and coaches' offices and authorizes who may enter.
- Permits the athletes to only be in authorized areas of the building at the appropriate times.