The successful coaching candidate will demonstrate a commitment to the development of athletic ability and personal character of our athletes as well as create a team culture of discipline and sportsmanship like behavior within their team. This coach is expected to work in conjunction with all other athletic department and school staff members cooperatively during the entire school year to support our student-athletes both on the field and in the classroom and their community. This position is a direct report to the Athletic Director and building Principal.
- Being responsible for all game and practice preparation and coaching.
- All administrative duties - including all departmental paperwork and policies.
- Team evaluation and selection.
- Work with the student/families to make certain that they complete all of the registration in order to make certain that our students are eligible for participation.
- Follow all MIAA, league, and school policies and procedures.
- Equipment management, including uniforms and safety devices/materials.
- Overseeing sub-varsity coaches.
- Representing Saugus Middle High School at all required leagues, district or state meetings.
- Working with parents/guardians, booster groups, and community youth programs to establish respectful relationships and enhance our school programs.
Saugus Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.