A coach is responsible working within the framework of the athletics and activities program in accordance with district policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization and administration of the coaching of the team under his or her direction and enforce all rules of the Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHAA) as they pertain to the respective sports.
- Maintain accurate rosters at all times, ensuring that it is up-to-date and on file with the Athletic & Activities Office.
- Prepare detailed equipment and supply budget requests to be submitted to the Assistant Principal for Athletics & Activities.
- Inspect all equipment, oversee the issuance and collection of equipment, maintain equipment inventory records and direct activities of student managers.
- Responsible for all tryouts, practices, team meetings, and athletic contests when the team is involved, including off-season programs.
- Report injuries of participants to the Assistant Principal for Athletics & Activities.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university.
- Minimum of 60 hours from accredited college/university.