The Assistant Coach is responsible for supporting the overarching strategies outlined by the head coach while instructing student-athletes in the fundamental skills, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. Additionally, the Assistant Coach will support student-athletes in developing self-discipline, self-confidence, values, pride of accomplishment, teamwork, and social skills.
- Attend all Athletic Director meetings and league meetings (when needed).
- Increase the number of participants through effective recruiting of currently enrolled students.
- Develop life skills in student athletes.
- Assist in creating practice plans specifically designed for incremental skill development.
- Monitor academic progress and student eligibility.
- Support student-teacher relationships and provide academic support opportunities for student-athletes.
- Knowledge in sport-specific coaching and training techniques.
- Prior experience coaching in football preferred.
- Ability to work as an integral part of the coaching staff.
- High School coaches must be CHSAA certified.
- Commitment to mission and vision of the school.
- Effective oral communication.
- Professional attitude, appearance, and demeanor.