A coach is responsible working within the framework of the athletics and activities program in accordance with district policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the information contained in the Athletics and Activities Handbook and Activity Funds Procedures Manual.
- Provide emergency first aid.
- Attend all conference general meetings and selection meetings.
- Be responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization and administration of the coaching of the team under his or her direction and enforce all rules of the Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHAA) as they pertain to the respective sports.
- Maintain accurate rosters at all times, ensuring that it is up-to-date and on file with the Athletic & Activities Office.
- Prepare detailed equipment and supply budget requests to be submitted to the Assistant Principal for Athletics & Activities.
- Inspect all equipment, oversee the issuance and collection of equipment, maintain equipment inventory records and direct activities of student managers.
- Minimum of 60 hours from accredited college/university.
- Valid Missouri Teaching Certificate.
- Read, analyze and interpret professional journals, Board policy, administrative procedures and forms and governmental regulations and guidance.