The Head Coach is expected to serve as the public face of the program, creating and maintaining a positive public image while encouraging and training student-athletes to compete at the highest level possible. This position must also lead and maintain a positive program through on-field teaching techniques, scheduling, monitor academic progress, budget management, as well as promoting the sport throughout the District and local community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- It is the responsibility of the Head Football Coach to coordinate and oversee the hiring process of any and all assistant coaches as well as assign individual roles and duties based on their background knowledge and abilities.
- Will ensure that all assistant coaches work to ensure that players fully understand the fundamentals of the game; teaching safe and effective techniques surrounding the game of football.
- The duty of the Head Football Coach is to ensure that all assistant coaches assigned to the coaching staff are fully cleared through the District Office and Athletic Director with all documents and certifications successfully completed prior to being allowed access to any and all athletic facilities.
- Will also scout other teams and watch film to prepare plays and game plans.
- They will work hard and plan accordingly to make all game-day and game-time decisions.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- The Head Football Coach and Athletic Director will work hand in hand to coordinate practice times, transportation and game schedule. They will also work together for any budgetary needs the football program may need for upcoming seasons.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a head football coach, preferred, or five years as an assistant coach at the high school or college level.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the SCHSL rules, regulations, and strategies of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the school guidance department, administrators, parents, and students.