Accountable to the K-12 Athletic Director, the High School Football Head Coach supports the combination of academic and athletic success for each student. This position instructs student-athletes in the fundamental skills, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Attend all Athletic Director meetings and league meetings.
- Build and improve relationships with other sports teams in the school district at the same or different levels.
- Attend and participate in ongoing professional development as a coach to improve overall student/athlete skill.
- Increase the number of participants through effective recruiting of currently enrolled students.
- Submit rosters in a timely manner as outlined by K-12 Athletic and Assistant Athletic Director.
- Conduct effective practices to develop strength, endurance, and athletic skills.
- Conduct activities to build individual participants into a cohesive team.
- Manage all program funds with fidelity and integrity; follow all business office policies and procedures regarding fundraising, depositing of funds, purchases, etc.
- Ensure that all student fees are collected and/or resolved prior to first competition.
- Work collaboratively with K-12 Athletic and Assistant Athletic Directors to develop and implement fundraising initiatives and community relationships to ensure program success.
- Knowledge in football, coaching, and training techniques.
- Ability to work as an integral part of the coaching staff.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with diverse populations.
- Ability to teach student-athletes appropriate skills and develop integrity hard work and responsibility.
- CHSAA certified or willing to become certified before the start of the season.