Directly responsible to the head coach of a sport. The assistant coach will be expected to exhibit total loyalty to the program, the head coach, and the other assistants at all times. The assistant coach will be required to carry out all assignments given to him by the head coach.
- Assist the head coach as directed with the following:
- Organize and direct coaching staff.
- Collecting physical examination forms.
- Collecting insurance release forms.
- Reporting injuries to school nurse.
- Taking inventory and submitting a list of equipment needs.
- Checking out and collecting all equipment.
- Keeping accurate records and reports of lost or stolen equipment.
- Providing a roster of players.
Ability to read and analyze and interpret general professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, general curriculum and learning theories, correspondence, and protocols. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, staff, parents, students, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers, parents and community; ability to speak clear and concisely in written or oral communication.