- Valid State Dept. of Education licensure/certificate (preferred).
- General knowledge of coaching techniques and procedures.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Ideal candidate would demonstrate the following:
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in the sport assigned.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extracurricular participation.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of coaching program and make changes based on findings and the ongoing needs of the program.