The Valor coaches serve as a “Transformational coach” to approximately 15-24 student-athletes, leading their development in a positive and competitive environment. Transformational Coaches are able to put a priority on winning, but an even higher priority on teaching life lessons through sports.
- Follow and enforce Valor’s athletic policies and regulations outlined in the Athletic Handbook.
- Plan, organize, advertise, and conduct tryouts for the program.
- Create a safe environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Work directly with Athletic Director to ensure the success and safety of the program
- Communicate and work directly with the Athletic Trainer on injuries and rehabilitation.
- Ability to model, live, and reinforce the school’s core values and mission on and off the field of play with colleagues, scholar-athletes, parents and the larger community.
CRITICAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the rules and fundamentals of the sport.
- Previous experience with a TSSAA or state athletic sanctioned school is preferred.
- Flexibility with personal schedule to accommodate the needs of the athletic program.
- A proven track-record of high achievement in your sport.
- Grit and perseverance to work within a fast-paced, start-up environment.