The Head Golf Coach fulfills the mission of the Catholic school by assisting in administering the program in a particular sport which adequately prepares the student athlete for interscholastic competition. The Head Golf Coach is recommended to the principal and president by the athletic director, hired by the principal, and evaluated in consultation with the Athletic Director.
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Models professional conduct and sportsmanship while instilling these characteristics within team members.
- Schedules practices and games in consultation with the Athletic Director and Assistant Coach(es).
- Monitors physical condition and fitness of participants and reports injuries to parents and school officials.
- Continually monitors and supervises all activities of the participants at all practices and games.
- Teaches essential safety skills and strategies to student athletes; monitors safety compliance.
- Follows school and diocesan policies regarding safety guidelines.
- Communicates with Athletic Director and Assistant Coaches regarding need for early dismissals, field, and gym use.
- High School or equivalent.
- Current CPR certification and First Aid training.
- Previous high school coaching experience preferred.