The coach helps students achieve a high level of skill and an appreciation for the values and discipline related to the sport or activity and sportsmanship. The general safety and welfare of each participant shall be the primary concern. The coach provides leadership and coordination in the assigned activity or sport.
- Oversees tryouts and selects participants in accordance with established guidelines.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for achievement in the sport.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice.
- Works closely with the Activity Director and/or Assistant Principal in scheduling contests, practices, meets, and competitions.
- Recommends equipment, supplies, and uniforms for purchase.
- Prepares and adheres to approved budget.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, talk, and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is required to interact with staff and to meet demands from several people.
- The employee is responsible for the work output of others.