The coach is responsible for instruction and training of student athletes in attaining proficiency in sport related functions while encouraging academic excellence; overseeing the day-to-day program operations and logistics including practices and games; maintaining positive community and booster relations; and providing off-season and skill development opportunities. Members of the team are expected to gain an appreciation for discipline, accountability, responsibility, and sportsmanship.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate in a positive manner and get along with others in a high stress environment.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain ASEP/NFHS Coaching Certifications (Fundamentals of Coaching or equivalent- NFHS online course: @ employees expense ).
- Possess or have the ability to obtain “A Guide to Heat Acclimatization and Heat Illness Prevention” Training (NFHS online course).
- Possess or have the ability to obtain Concussion Management Training (NFHS online course).
- Possess or have the ability to obtain Anabolic Steroids Performance-Enhancing Substances Training (NFHS online course).
- Possess or have the ability to obtain current First Aid and CPR Certifications (@ employees expense).
- Knowledge of emergency care of injuries.
- Possess sufficient knowledge of sport to teach skills in coaching position.
- Fingerprinting and Criminal History Check (@ employees expense) is required once hired.
Culver School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.