The position of "Cross Country Head Coach - High School" is done for the purpose of using leadership, supervisory and administrative skills for the overall direction, coordination, and coaching of the assigned sport for the development of each student.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be familiar, and comply, with all school, district, league, and OSAA rules.
- Be responsible for coordination of all practices and equitable use of facilities.
- Analyze, demonstrate and explain basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of the sport to the participants, and where appropriate, to the parents.
- Assist in the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of all assistant coaches and volunteers as appropriate and approved for the program.
- In conjunction with the Athletic Director, check and approve all schedules for the program.
- Enforce the program policies, and recommend policy changes to the appropriate administrator.
- Communicates effectively with parents within the program, and with other staff members.
- Motivates assistant coach and volunteer performance and enhances morale.
- In conjunction with the Athletic Director, in-service staff as to medical procedures for injured participants.
- Experience Required: Prior job related experience in appropriate sport/activity and/or coaching.
- Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required: Skills to work with coaches and students. Knowledge of district policies and procedures regarding co-curricular activities. Abilities to follow oral and written instructions, work independently with minimal supervision, perform a variety of tasks, adjust to flexible assignments (some night work), and communicate with students, staff and parents.
- Education Required: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: Valid Driver’s License and evidence of insurability, Criminal Justice Fingerprinting Clearance, Current First Aid Card, and Bloodborne Pathogen Training. ASEP (American Sport Education Program) Certification.