- Previous experience as a coach.
- Possession of a valid TB test and health examination issued by the local county board of health or recognized medical authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Have thorough knowledge of all relevant policy approved by the Clay County Schools Board of Education and is responsible for adherence and implementation by the entire staff of the sports program.
- Have thorough knowledge of all rules and guidelines of the North Carolina High School Athletic Association (NCHSAA) and is responsible for adherence and implementation by the entire staff of the sports program.
- Have knowledge of existing system, state, and conference regulations; implement them consistently and interpret them for staff.
- Understand the proper administrative line of command and refer all requests of grievances through proper channels. Be aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Establish the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques to be taught by staff. Design conferences, clinics and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of overall program.
- Train and inform staff, encourage professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to local clinic policy.
- Delegate specific duty, supervise implementation, and at season’s end, analyze staff effectiveness and, in consultation with the athletic director and principal, evaluate all assistants.