ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet and instruct assigned activities in the locations and times designated.
- Create an environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepare for assignments.
- Encourage students to set and maintain acceptable standards of behavior.
- Employ a variety of techniques to enhance the activity.
- Assist students to become self-directed learners.
- Understand and apply knowledge about student growth and development in order to provide maximum student learning.
- Implement the District’s philosophy of education.
- Enforce safety precautions and guidelines to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by laws, District policy and administrative regulations.
- Understand specific position skills.
- Techniques of skill mastery.
- Philosophy of fair play.
- Ability to maintain rapport and composure with parents, students, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to recognize potential problems and take steps to prevent hazards.