The Head Coach position is responsible for the development of the athletic program by teaching the fundamentals and advanced skills of the particular sport while following the Colorado High School Athletic Association (CHSAA) guidelines. Coordinate assistant coaches and volunteers with practices, sporting events and administrative duties.
- Skilled at oral and written communication.
- Skilled at basic math.
- Skilled at personal computer and keyboarding.
- Skilled at communication, interaction, and working effectively and cooperatively with a diverse student population.
- Skilled at critical thinking and problem solving.
- Knowledge of CHSAA’s rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of athletic management and Title IX.
- Knowledge of mandated reporting of child abuse and neglect.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other department related software packages.
- Knowledge of sports and athletic equipment use, storage, maintenance and best practices.
- Able to recognize child abuse and child neglect signs and symptoms.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Able to travel to athletic contest whether at home or away.
- Able to host athletic events during evenings, weekends and long hours during busy athletic seasons.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Able to diffuse and manage stressful situations.
- Able to work in a team environment as well as collaboratively with others at the school, competitive teams and the community at large.