Responsible for all levels and all phases of his or her sport. Particular duties may be assigned to assistants, but the head coach is responsible for things getting done correctly and on schedule.
- Certified teacher or qualify for Rule 10 certification through the Kansas State High Schoo Activities Association.
- Succsesful completion of a criminal background check.
- Current certification in CPR and AED.
- Enforce all rules of the Kansas State High School Activities Association
- Supervise student athletes during all facets of participation (Examples – competition travel, meetings, practices, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring activities are conducted in an environment with minimal risk of injury to the participant and that the scope of those activities is in keeping with the USD 500 Board of Education mission and policies.
- Maintain a variety of records for the purpose of complying with district, athletic conference, state and KSHSAA requirements. (Examples: required forms such as the pre-participation physical exam, concussion form, insurance waiver and medical release, activity consent forms, tryout/participation agreement forms, emergency contact information, schedules, equipment inventory, game/student athlete statistics, accurate squad roster, etc.)
- Implements practice schedules and other schedules (examples: usage of facilities and equipment, staff assignments, etc.) follow all school and district policies for scheduling facilities for practice, and submit practice schedules to administration and office staff for the purpose of ensuring efficient program operation.
- Supervise practice sessions and maintain security of the locker room.
- Report all injuries of participants to proper school officials. Follow injury reporting policy as outlined in coach’s handbook and pursuant to Board of Education policy.